Friday 7 August 2015

Calling All Technophobes - With Determination and Persistence You Can Beat the Challenges

It's funny how we are all so different and how our mental wiring makes us better at certain things. Some types of challenges have us foxed whilst others we sail through without a hitch. Is it something to do with past experiences? Or is it the subconscious memory of finding similar things difficult in the past and our memory of things we can do well.

Practical challenges, I have no problem with, such as sorting out a mess, organising removals, and arranging schedules. Whereas learning a technical task by watching a video can take me hours to master.

Is it because I didn't grow up in the technological age, with computers, mobile phones and every other device you can think of. These devices don't faze youngsters today they thrive on technology; any knowledge I have gained is self-taught in later life. I associate everything technological with difficulties. As soon as I begin a technical task I feel a knot in the pit of my stomach and my understanding and memory turn to blancmange and frustration takes over.

Recently on attempting a technical task I had a brain-wave, I would create screen shots first from the video. I find working from pages of a book simpler. Great idea but the printer wouldn't work so then I had two problems!

I moved to plan B I would use two laptops, one to watch the other to process the actions. With two mice to contend with I couldn't stop the video every few seconds precisely enough to catch the finer points demonstrated. So that was no help!

On to plan C with 4 screens open on my laptop pausing and clicking I eventually made progress.

I find it is easier to break the task down into segments and work with a small section at a sitting, that way I don't feel so overwhelmed, as I would working through the complete complicated video, it gives me the opportunity to learn a small part at a time.

The other action I find helps to overcome procrastination and putting a task off until another day, is to concentrate on the outcome and all the benefits it will bring to the point it becomes more important to continue than to put it off. This helps to override the fear of the unknown and the apprehension too.

It's a great feeling when you override the challenges, and achieve the desired outcome you get a wonderful buzz of satisfaction. Never think you cannot do something, just allow a little more time and break the actions down to bite sized sections! So stick with your demons and conquer them! Every time you succeed with a challenge you get stronger and more confident. So to all technophobes out there you can do it, if I can build a business online so can you!

Affiliate marketing is the simplest online system for starting a home based business. Find yourself a good mentor with a proven successful business method and follow the plan. Enjoy watching your fledgling hobby business grow, enjoy the satisfaction and feel proud of your success. Every part you learn to conquer is another victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment